Friday, October 08, 2010

My Review of Zamberlan Vioz GT Hiking Boots - Men's

Originally submitted at REI

With legendary Italian quality and comfort, the Zamberlan Vioz GT boots offer waterproof protection and burly construction to handle everything from easy day hikes to backcountry adventures.


Outstanding Boots!

By ManAlive from Monterey on 10/8/2010

 

5out of 5

Sizing: Feels true to size

Width: True to size

Pros: Good Arch Support, Water Resistant, Great Traction, Ankle Support, Warm, No Break-in, Comfortable, Sturdy/Durable

Best Uses: Long-Distance Hiking, Wet Conditions, Cold Weather

Describe Yourself: Avid Adventurer

Arch Type: Low Arch

Was this a gift?: No

I wore this boot for a couple of weekend trips to Big Sur before using them hiking in East Greenland during the thaw. I have never been so excited about a pair of boots! I averaged 30 km per day with one day at 53 km. My legs and feet were not tired... I had to stop because I was too sleepy! No trails in East Greenland and lots of bouldering and rivers to ford. My feet never got wet (I was also wearing good gaiters) and I never got a hot spot, let alone a blister. I don't know why other people are writing that these boots are heavy? They are actually quite light for this sort of boot.

200 miles and still in good shape (East Greenland)

thumbnail

Tags: Picture of Product, Using Product

(legalese)

No comments: